Western Red Cedar Planed All Round
Western Red Cedar Planed All Round is suitable for exterior cladding, greenhouses, sheds, bee-hives, shingles and light construction. The wood however is acidic and tends to corrode ferrous metals – protective coatings should be applied to metal fittings and fixings.
- Name: Thuja plicata
- Origin: Canada/North America
- Colour: Reddish brown
- Species: Softwoods
- Uses: Cladding, decking, joinery – exterior, fences, gates, trellis, arbors, gazebos
- Durability: Durable
- Exterior/Interior: Exterior
- Grade: Clear & Better
- Mean Density: 390 Kg/m
- The timber works easily with both hand and machine tools, but its relatively brittle nature, which can cause splintering during some operations
- Its soft character, which can lead to chip-bruising, usually means that care is needed in order to obtain the best results during mortising, planing and moulding
- A good finish can be obtained, but cutters must be kept sharpened
- Joinery – Exterior
What Is Planed All Round Timber?
Planed All Round (PAR) means that all of the wood’s surfaces have been planed, which is to say that they have been brought to a uniform level, and each side is smooth and are ready to be worked or presented.
EZT Mouldings is a leading independent timber merchant who source and import high quality timber species throughout the UK. Established in 1997 in Herefordshire, the company has continued to grow by investing in the latest technology and equipment for its workshops and also stock a large selection of hardwoods and softwoods.
At EZT Mouldings, our friendly highly experienced team have been engaged in the machining of timber all their lives and are on hand to offer knowledgeable advice on our extensive range of products and services.
Therefore meeting customer demand and consistently reviews its procedures to achieve greater efficiency.
EZT Mouldings are a leading online timber merchant in the UK, supplying American White Oak timber to the joinery, carpentry, construction and building trade at competitive prices.
CONTACT OUR TIMBER TEAM OR CALLING US ON 01544 327 794.