American White Oak Planed All Round
American White Oak Planed All Round timber has a distinct medium-high density, good strength and is relatively rot resistant. American White Oak is generally produced from a smaller log and is less durable than the European variety. As a result it is very popular for interior joinery, furniture and kitchens.
- Name: Quercus Alba
- Origin: North America
- Uses: Furniture, joinery, kitchen doors and flooring
- Kiln Dried: Yes
- Moisture Content: 10-14%
- Durability: Moderately Durable
- Exterior/Interior: Interior and exterior
- Applications: Interior joinery, shop fitting, stairs, furniture
- Grade: FAS
- Average Density: 770kg/m³
- Machines well
- Good for nailing and screwing, although pre-boring is advisable (also reacts with Iron)
- Gluing results are variable
- Stains and polishes well
- Dries slowly and care is needed to avoid checking
- Can be susceptible to movement in performance
- Heavy and hard
- Medium bending and crushing strength properties, but very good in steam bending
- Southern White Oak is heavier and harder
- Architectural Joinery
- Exterior Joinery
- Kitchen cabinets
- Barrel staves
What Is Planed All Round Timber?
Planed All Round (PAR) means that all of the wood’s surfaces have been planed, which is to say that they have been brought to a uniform level, and each side is smooth and are ready to be worked or presented.
EZT Mouldings is a leading independent timber merchant who source and import high quality timber species throughout the UK. Established in 1997 in Herefordshire, the company has continued to grow by investing in the latest technology and equipment for its workshops and also stock a large selection of hardwoods and softwoods.
At EZT Mouldings, our friendly highly experienced team have been engaged in the machining of timber all their lives and are on hand to offer knowledgeable advice on our extensive range of products and services.
Therefore meeting customer demand and consistently reviews its procedures to achieve greater efficiency.
EZT Mouldings are a leading online timber merchant in the UK, supplying American White Oak timber to the joinery, carpentry, construction and building trade at competitive prices.
CONTACT OUR TIMBER TEAM OR CALLING US ON 01544 327 794